Lina Tur at the Montreal Baroque Festival
Montreal Baroque Festival and SPAIN arts & culture present the first Canadian appearance of violinist Lina Tur Bonet.
Lina Tur Bonet is currently deeply engaged in two worlds, which even today seem separate: the romantic-contemporary violin and the baroque violin. Thus she has pursued a versatile, dynamic career chiefly distinguished by its variety.
She is also interested in interdisciplinar and artistic forms as well as the study of musical symbology. As soloist and chamber musician, she tours in Europe and America, appearing at the Styriarte Austria, Music before 1800 NYC, San Diego Early Music Society, Yale University, Lufthansa London Festival, Granada, Brezice, San Sebastián or Herne Festivals, filling halls such as the Vienna Musikverein, Saint Petersbourg Philarmonie, the Palau de la Música in Barcelona, the National Auditorium in Madrid, at the Munich Residenzwoche, the Amsterdam Concertgebouw, the ORF in Vienna, the Solís Theatre in Montevideo, the Coliseo in Buenos Aires, the Theatres in Lima, La Paz, Santiago de Chile and Río de Janeiro and others, recording for the BBC in London, Spanish Radio and Television, TV3, German radio and television, television in Slovenia, Croatia and Bulgaria and the Austrian ORF.
She has played all the Biber Rosary Sonatas in Vienna and Spain many times, conducting also chamber orchestras in turn performing the Bach, Mendelssohn, Beethoven, Brahms, Vivaldi or Piazzola concertos.
Lina Tur-Bonet has been sought to lead Il Complesso Barocco, the Clemencic Consort, the Bach Consort Wien, ExTempore Gent, the Hofkapelle Munich, the Orchestra of the Palau de les Arts in Valencia, Euskal Barokensemble, Estil Concertant, Accademia del Piacere, Hippocampus, Forma Antiqva, Concerto Köln, the United Continuo Ensemble or the Royal Chapel in Madrid.
- On Thurday, June 23rd at 7 pm, at Redpath Hall (McGill University)
- Incidental music by Purcell and Blow to Shakespeare’s The Tempest.
- Bande Montréal Baroque with the participation of Lina Tur Bonet
Tumultuous Bach Series (3 concerts)
- On Friday, June 24th at 2 pm. At Salle de la Commune, Marché Bonsecours.
- On Saturday, June 25th at 9 pm. At Redpath Hall, McGill University.
- On Sunday, June 26th at 4 pm. At Lobby of the arts building, McGill University.
- Complete sonatas and partitas for solo violin by Johann Sebastian Bach, BWV 1001-1006.
- Lina Tur Bonet, Baroque violin.